Regardless of the size of a company, a majority of businesses today are practicing Internet Marketing. That’s because it is the most inexpensive way for them to reach millions of their target market. Internet marketing is the process of promoting a brand, products or services over the Internet. Its broad scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Article Marketing
- Blog Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Local Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Niche Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Viral Marketing
It also combines the technical and creative aspects of the internet such as advertising, designing, development and sales. Internet Marketing also deals with creating and placing ads throughout the various stages of customer engagement cycle.
Internet marketing can deliver several benefits such as:
- Growth in potential
- Reduced expenses
- Elegant communications
- Better control
- Improved customer service
- Competitive advantage
Internet marketing combines the Internet’s creative and technical tools, including design, development, sales and advertising, while focusing on the following primary business models:
- Lead-based websites
- Affiliate marketing
- Local search
It also has several advantages, including:
- Low costs: Large audiences are reachable at a fraction of traditional advertising budgets, allowing businesses to create appealing consumer ads.
- Flexibility and convenience: Consumers may research and purchase products and services at their leisure and in their own home.
- Analytics: Efficient statistical results are facilitated without extra costs.
- Multiple options: Advertising tools include pay-per-click advertising, email marketing and local search integration (like utilizing Google Maps).
- Demographic targeting: Consumers can be demographically targeted much more effectively in an online rather than an offline process.
Internet Marketing is also known as Online Marketing, Web Marketing, Digital Marketing and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
The main limitation of internet marketing is where that customers don’t have the physical contact with the product they are considering purchasing. However, generous return policies are the main way to circumvent such buyer apprehension.